EEC, Inc is looking for a dynamic design drafter to join our company. In this role, you’ll use computer-aided design (CAD) software to create drawings and designs while collaborating with our engineers and architects to create construction drawings.
To ensure success as a design drafter, you should be able to use design principles to create technical drawings that bring the engineer’s or architect’s ideas to life. Ultimately, a top-notch design drafter should have excellent knowledge of CAD software, and the ability to conceptualize design with meticulous attention to detail.
- Create detailed design drawings
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is a must to provide drafting and design support.
- Must possess good communication skills
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Conducting site visits to determine and validate current field dimensions/conditions
- Following and providing input for improvement of drawing quality and process
- Working under the supervision of Design Engineers and Senior Designers you will be responsible to assist in the complete design and documentation package for our clients.
- Supporting design team in answering technical
- Providing timely project status updates
- Creating drawings for the various stages of a project including Concept, Submittal, Approval, and Construction
- Assist in Project Management during the construction of designed projects.
- 2 year engineering and/or drafting degree from an accredited program and/or relevant experience
- Pre-employment drug screen required
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD
- Ability to work independently
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Flexible and approachable
- Must be able to work 40 hour work weeks. Typically Monday through Friday from 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. but some overtime may be required.
- Pay DOE
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays